What does the job entail?
- As first point of contact on-site for our clients, you’ll spend about 50% of your time with clients, solving practical problems. Otherwise, you’ll be in the office, working as part of a young, dynamic team, with the opportunity to learn and grow as you work.
- You’ll listen to the client, analyse the problem and identify the appropriate solution. If this isn’t possible, don’t worry – you can always rely on your colleagues for support where necessary.
- Your most important tasks on-site will be: ensuring that laptops are set up and ready to use in accordance with each user’s needs, updating software packages, installing printers, solving problems with web applications, managing users, etc. Back in the office, you’ll be part of the team of Cloud Security and System Engineers.
- You will register and precisely document all contacts and all actions undertaken.
- You enjoy helping end users on-site.
- You are client-focused and like to solve problems.
- You have a strong affinity with computers and technology, but are not necessarily an expert.
- You speak fluent Dutch and English. A good knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- You are motivated and keen to learn new things.
- You are self-sufficient, and can easily set priorities.
- There is no specific diploma requirement.
- You are keen to grow, both with and within the company.
- Knowledge of Windows Client Environment (Windows 10, Office Products), Azure Active Directory management (particularly from a user point of view), PowerShell scripting and end-user support within an Office 365 environment would be an advantage.
- You can work autonomously, but you also know when to consult with colleagues.
- You are a good communicator and are sociable, preferably with a good sense of humour.
- You are fascinated by all forms of technological evolution and innovation.
- You hold a valid category B driving licence.
- A varied and fascinating job in an innovative and inspiring work environment.
- Ongoing on-the-job training and mentoring by experienced IT professionals.
- The chance to earn IT certifications.
- Interesting career opportunities.
- A fantastic team of colleagues.
- A small, human-sized company with a flat organisational structure and informal office culture.
- Autonomy, a broad range of tasks and room for initiative and ownership.
- The flexibility needed in order to maintain a good, healthy work-life balance.
- An interesting salary package commensurate with your experience, supplemented with additional benefits such as a company car, laptop, mobile phone, luncheon vouchers, daily allowance, and group and hospitalisation insurance.
A permanent contract.
Here at Tyneso feedback lines are short, we give you lots of autonomy and a broad range of tasks, and there’s ample room for both initiative and ownership.
We don’t believe in pigeon-holing or asking you to stick to a set of pre-established tasks. You’ll be part of a young, dynamic team and will have the chance to expand your knowledge base and experience, and to determine where your ambitions lie and in which direction you would like to develop.
Tyneso is a fast-growing full-service IT company and an established partner for companies such as Aminolabs, Ijsfabriek, Fiberklaar and Axepta, amongst others. We create and manage exciting workplaces where safety, efficiency and productivity all go hand in hand. We aim to improve the way in which information and communication technology is used within an organisation, using the very latest in new technologies. We specialise in Managed Services adapted to the needs of our clients, who are small to midsize organisations of between 50 and 500 employees.
Get in touch by sending a short e-mail, together with your CV, to email@example.com